Low Emissions Development

Firewood, Hydropower, and “Low Emissions Development” in Macedonia

5 November 2011 About three-quarters of households in Macedonia are heated with firewood.  Wood is estimated provide 30% of residential energy, and around 10% of the total energy consumption of the country.  In a still-developing country, almost 40% of which
Read More

Forests, Communities, and “Low Emissions Development” in Albania

October 27, 2011 I never imagined having a chance to work in Albania until I was invited to provide a perspective on forestry, agriculture, and other land uses as part of a multi-agency U.S. team assessing the potential for assisting
Read More